Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra - Rajasthan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rajasthan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra guidebook.
It is said there is more history in Rajasthan than in the rest of India put together. Welcome to the Land of the Kings – a realm of maharajas, majestic forts and lavish palaces.
- visit Jaisalmer’s 12-century sandstone fort and riding a camel over silky sand dunes
- kick back at a lakeside restaurant in Udaipur, Rajasthan’s most romantic city
- attend Pushkar’s extraordinary camel fair, which combines Hindu spiritualism, camel commerce and cultural celebration
- restaurants & accommodation
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.