Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra - Agra & the Taj Mahal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Agra & the Taj Mahal chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra guide-book.
The Taj Mahal rises from Agra’s haze as though from a dream. When you first glimpse it through the arched entryway, you might find yourself breathless with awe. Many hail it as the most beautiful building on the planet.
- bask in the beauty of one of the most famous buildings in the world, the Taj Mahal – a must-see!
- roam Fatehpur Sikri, a sprawling palace complex from Mughal times, with an immense and fascinating 450-year-old mosque next door
- wander the many rooms of Agra Fort, one of India’s most impressive ancient forts
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Agra & Around, Fatehpur Sikri.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation