Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra - Rajasthan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rajasthan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra guidebook.
It is said there is more history in Rajasthan than in the rest of India put together. Welcome to the Land of the Kings – a realm of maharajas, majestic forts and lavish palaces. India is littered with splendid architecture, but nowhere will you find fortresses quite as magnificent as those in Rajasthan, rising up imperiously from the landscape like fairy-tale mirages or adventure movie sets.
- wander the bustling alleys of Jaisalmer, the honey-coloured fort , then ride a camel among desert dunes
- make a lakeside pilgrimage to Rajasthan’s holiest town, Pushkar
- search for tigers in the ravines and forests of Ranthambhore National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Forts & Palaces, Best Heritage Hotels, Eastern Rajasthan, Jaipur, Around Jaipur, Bharatpur & Keoladeo National Park, Alwar, Sariska Tiger Re-serve & National Park, Ajmer, Pushkar, Ranthambhore National Park, Udaipur & Southern Raja-sthan, Bundi, Kota, Chittorgarh (Chittor), Udaipur, Around Udaipur, Mt Abu, Northern Rajasthan (Shekhawati), Nawalgarh, Jhunjhunu, Fatehpur, Mandawa, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur & Western Raja-sthan, Jodhpur, Around Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Around Jaisalmer, Bikaner, Around Bikaner, When to Go.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.