Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra - Delhi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Delhi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra guidebook.
Mystery, magic, mayhem. Welcome to Delhi, City of Djinns and 25 million people. Modern Delhi is a chaotic tapestry of medieval fortifications, Mughal mausoleums, dusty bazaars, colonial-era town planning, and mega malls.
- stand at the base of the magnificent Qutb Minar, then plunge into the overgrown ruins of neighbouring Mehrauli Archaelogical Park
- lose yourself in the mazelike bazaars of Old Delhi
- take a dusk stroll in the beautiful Lodi Gardens, watching the tombs glow ochre in the dying light
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Volunteering, Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Greater Delhi.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.