*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra - Agra & the Taj Mahal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Agra & the Taj Mahal chapter from Lonely Planet’s Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra guidebook.
Agra’s Taj Mahal rises from the dust-beaten earth of Uttar Pradesh as it does in dreams, but even the wildest imaginations leave travellers underprepared for that breath-stealing moment its gates are traversed and this magnificent world wonder comes into focus.
- rise before dawn to take in the Taj Mahal minus the crowds, returning later for the cinematic sunset view
- explore the fascinating abandoned city of Fatehpur Sikri
- gawk at the immensity of the red-sandstone walls that surround Agra Fort
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife and Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.