Puerto Rico - Rincon & West Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rincón & West Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Puerto Rico guide-book.
West is best – at least as far as those quintessential snapshots of Puerto Rico go. Here the azure ocean assumes a visceral palpability because this is the place to get in it: paddling to catch a ride on one perfect wave after another, or swimming off sandy strands that regularly grace ‘world’s best beach’ lists.
- surf beside beach bums and vacationing businessmen on the legendary breaks here in Rincón
- get giddy on Sangria de Fido, the local punch of Mayagüez at the Sangria Garden
- hire a bike at the west’s best bike shop in Boquerón, then pedal the beach-hugging byways of the Cabo Rojo area
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rincón, Mayagüez, Cabo Rojo Area, Playa de Joyuda, Boquerón, El Combate, Refugio Nacional Cabo Rojo, San Germán, Isla Mona, When to Go, Best Places to Sleep.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation