Puerto Rico - Ponce & South Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ponce & South Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Puerto Rico guide-book.
The Caribbean-facing south coast offers the opportunity to unplug, escape the cruise-ship crowds and take a DIY journey into Puerto Rico’s tempestuous, rough-and-tumble piratical past, with ethereal forests and some of the Caribbean’s best dive spots.
- fall in love with Flaming June in the cultural hot spot the Museo de Arte de Ponce
- connect with the mysterious Taíno past at the island’s largest archaeological site, Centro Ceremonial Indígena de Tibes
- sway on a hammock while lunching on golden, octopus-stuffed pastries at la Casa de Los Pastelillos in Pozuelo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ponce, Guayama & Pozuelo, Bahía de Jobos, Playa Salinas, Coamo, Yauco & Around, Guánica & Around, La Parguera, When to Go, Best Places to Sleep.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation