Puerto Rico - North Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the North Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Puerto Rico guidebook.
Veering from a manicured coast of plush golf resorts and posh surf spots, this region rears up into the less-visited vine-tangled crags of karst country, where landscapes seem positively prehis-toric with yawning cave systems, steep-sided hills and undulating spreads of forest.
- gawk at the gargantuan Birth of the New World statue that put Arecibo on the tourist map
- immerse yourself in the heavens with an ascent to the world’s largest radio telescope in the Observatorio de Arecibo
- swooping, paddle or gallop through the forests and rivers of Karst country with Batey Zi-pline Adventures adventure outfit
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dorado, Arecibo, Around Arecibo, Isabela & Around, Aguadilla, When to Go, Best Places to Sleep.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation