Puerto Rico - El Yunque & East Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the El Yunque & East Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Puerto Rico guidebook.
The east coast is Puerto Rico shrink-wrapped; a tantalizing taste of almost everything the is-land has to offer squeezed into an area you can drive across in a couple of hours. Rainforest teeming with wildlife, beach lovers basking on the icing-sugar sand, watersports heaven and home to stunning bioluminescent bays.
- Hike on lush rainforest trails with views of the ocean beyond in the El Yunque National Forest
- explore the seven ecosystems of Cabezas de San Juan Reserva Natural with expert guides and naturalists
- surf the local break and swimming at one of the island’s best beaches at Playa Luquillo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, El Yunque, Luquillo & Around, Fajardo & Around, Naguabo & Around, Yabucoa & Around, When to Go.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation