*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Puerto Rico - Central Mountains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Mountains chapter from Lonely Planet’s Puerto Rico guide-book.
Those who explore these winding roads gain a dramatically different perspective on the island and chances to commune with Puerto Rico’s old soul. Best approached with a flexible agenda, this is a place of Taíno legends and sugarcane moonshine, muddy hillside towns and misty after-noons.
- study the stunning retablos of Edwin Báez Carrasquillo in the art museums of Caguas
- join a spontaneous street party hosted by lechoneras besides Bosque Estatal de Carite in Guavate
- descend into the gaping gorges and crashing waterfalls in the Cañón de San Cristóbal
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Caguas, Bosque Estatal de Carite, Aibonito & Around, Barranquitas & Around, Reserva Forestal Toro Negro, Jayuya, Adjuntas & Around, Maricao, San Sebastián & Around, When to Go, Best Places to Sleep.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.