Provence & the Cote d'Azur - Vaucluse (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vaucluse chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & the Cote d’Azur guidebook.
Renowned for its lavender fields and its vineyards, including the legendary Châ-teauneuf-du-Pape, the Vaucluse sits on Provence’s west, sandwiched between the rumpled mountains of the Hautes-Alpes and the rocky Var coastline./p>
- wander the hallways of Avignon’s Palais des Papes with a histopad
- savour the taste of one of Provence’s greatest wines at Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- imagine yourself as a Roman spectator in Orange’s ancient theatre
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Avignon & Around, Villeneuve-lès-Avignon, Châ-teauneuf-du-Pape, Orange, Vaison-la-Romaine, Dentelles de Montmirail, Mont Ventoux, Bédoin, Sault, Carpentras, Pernes-les-Fontaines, L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Fontaine-de-Vaucluse, Pays de Venasque.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation