Provence & the Cote d'Azur - Var (PDF Chapter)
This is the Var chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & the Cote d’Azur guide-book.
There’s so much more to Var than super-yachts and overpriced bouillabaisse. A string of stunning islands, magnificent secluded monasteries, and uplands dotted with memorable villag-es make this département one of the most varied and enticing in Provence.
- find your way through the Massif des Maures to serene Monastère de la Verne
- roam the tranquil back roads and tiny hilltop villages of Haut-Var
- spend the day wandering (or snorkelling) at the lush Mediterranean garden of Domaine du Rayol
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Toulon, Sanary-sur-Mer, Bandol, Cap de Carquei-ranne, Hyères, Îles d’Hyères, Île de Porquerolles, Île de Port-Cros, Île du Levant, La Londe-les-Maures, Corniche des Maures, Bormes-les-Mimosas, Massif des Maures, Collobrières, Haut-Var, East of Draguignan, West of Draguignan, Entrecasteaux, Cotignac, Correns, Massif de la Ste-Baume.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.