Provence & the Cote d'Azur - The Luberon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Luberon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & the Cote d’Azur guidebook.
The Luberon is a Provençal patchwork of hilltop villages, vineyards, ancient abbeys and mile after mile of fragrant lavender fields. It’s a rural, traditional region that still makes time for the good things in life – particularly fine food and even finer wine.
- smell the lavender (and take plenty of photos) at the Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque
- pedal along a disused railway through the heart of the Luberon’s loveliest countryside on the Véloroute du Calavon
- snap a sunset picture of ravishing hilltop Gordes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gordes, Roussillon, St-Saturnin-lès-Apt, Apt, Le Grand Luberon, Le Petit Luberon, Lourmarin, Ansouis.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.