Provence & the Cote d'Azur - Nice, Monaco & Menton (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nice, Monaco & Menton chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Cote d’Azur guidebook.
This short stretch of coastline packs a powerful punch. Nice is a natural queen of the Riviera, the Grande and Moyenne Corniches (coastal roads) mesmerise with panoramic views of the Mediterranean, while Monaco enthrals, fascinates and entertains.
- eat well, drink well and enjoy the iconic, silky smooth Promenade des Anglais in the queen of the Riviera, Nice
- take in huge, jaw-dropping views of the Med on a road trip along the hair-raising Grande Corniche
- feast on the ancient charm of backstreet Villefranche-sur-Mer, where you can lunch on the local fisher’s catch at Les Garçons
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nice, Arrière-Pays Niçois, Peillon, Peille, The Three Corniches, Corniche Inférieure, Moyenne Corniche, Grande Corniche, Monaco, Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, Menton & Around, Ste-Agnès & Gorbio.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.