Provence & the Cote d'Azur - Monaco (PDF Chapter)
This is the Monaco chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & the Cote d’Azur guidebook.
Squeezed into just 200 hectares, Monaco might be the world’s second-smallest country (only the Vatican is smaller), but what it lacks in size it makes up for in attitude.
- soak up Monte Carlo casino’s glitzy history on a day tour, or rubbing elbows with the high-rollers on an evening gambling spree
- thrill to the rhythm of revving engines at the world’s most iconic motor sports event, the Formula One Grand Prix
- watch fish frolic at the Musée Océanographique de Monaco, and dive into the history of underwater exploration
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Festivals & Events, Sleep-ing, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.