Provence & the Cote d'Azur - Marseille to Aix-en-Provence (PDF Chapter)
This is the Marseille to Aix-en-Provence chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Cote d’Azur guidebook.
Marseille’s magnetism draws you from its azure coast into its vibrant heart, boasting world-class museums and bustling districts spiced with Middle Eastern flavour. To the north, the Pays d’Aix’s landscape softens to the green and purple hues of Cézanne.
- stroll Marseille’s Vieux Port before settling into a sunny cafe for people-watching
- restaurant-hop around mod bistros in Marseille or sup bouillabaisse
- dip into the rocky coves of Calanque de Sormiou and Calanque de Morgiou for gorgeous walks and lunch with sea views
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Marseille & Around, Les Calanques, Cassis, Côte Bleue, Pays d’Aix, Aix-en-Provence & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.