*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Provence & the Cote d'Azur - Marseille to Aix-en-Provence (PDF Chapter)
This is the Marseille to Aix-en-Provence chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Cote d’Azur guidebook.
Marseille’s magnetism draws you from its azure coast into its vibrant heart, boasting world-class museums and bustling districts spiced with Middle Eastern flavour. To the north, the Pays d’Aix’s landscape softens to the green and purple hues of Cézanne.
- stroll Marseille’s Vieux Port before settling into a sunny cafe for people-watching
- restaurant-hop around mod bistros in Marseille or sup bouillabaisse
- dip into the rocky coves of Calanque de Sormiou and Calanque de Morgiou for gorgeous walks and lunch with sea views
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Marseille & Around, Les Calanques, Cassis, Côte Bleue, Pays d’Aix, Aix-en-Provence & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.