Provence & the Cote d'Azur - Hill Towns of the Luberon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hill Towns of the Luberon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Cote d’Azur guidebook.
Named after the mountain range between Cavaillon and Manosque, the Luberon is a Provençal patchwork of villages that still makes time for the good things in life – especially food and wine. Take the time to soak up the scenery here.
- smell the lavender around Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque (p).
- escape the heat in the peaceful Forêt des Cèdres (p).
- shop for ingredients at the Saturday-morning market in Apt (p)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vaucluse Mountains, Gordes & Around, Roussillon, St-Saturnin-lès-Apt & Around, Apt, Le Grand Luberon, Buoux, Saignon & Around, Le Petit Luberon, Bonnieux, Lacoste, Ménerbes, Oppède-le-Vieux, South of the Luberon Mountains, Lourmarin & Around, Vaugines, Cucuron, Ansouis.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.