*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Provence & the Cote d'Azur - Haute-Provence & the Southern Alps (PDF Chapter)
This is the Haute-Provence & the Southern Alps chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Cote d’Azur guidebook.
Just an hour’s drive north of Nice lie the Alps – France’s most famous mountain range and home to some of the region’s most unforgettable scenery. Make sure you keep the camera close to hand: there’s a picture around every corner.
- trace the unforgettable clifftop roads around the Gorges du Verdon (p)
- ride the Train des Pignes (p) through the mountains from Nice to Digne-les-Bains
- hike through the high mountains around St-Martin-Vésubie (p)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Pays de Forcalquier, Forcalquier & Around, St-Michel l’Observatoire, Simiane la Rotonde, Banon, Vallée de la Durance, Gorges du Verdon, Lacs de Ste-Croix & de Quinson, Moustiers Ste-Marie & Around, Castellane & Around, Parc National du Mercantour, Digne-les-Bains, Vallée de L’Ubaye, Vallée du Haut Verdon, Vallée du Haut-Var, Vallée de la Tinée, Vallée de la Vésubie, Vallée de la Roya.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.