Provence & the Cote d'Azur - Cannes & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cannes & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Cote d’Azur guidebook.
Go from showbiz glitz to remote rural life within 45 minutes. Glamorous Cannes sets camera flashes popping at its film festival in May, while peaceful trails and flower-filled fields abound nearby.
- revel in exceptional 20th-century art at Fondation Maeght and play pétanque (similar to lawn bowls) in hilltop stunner St-Paul de Vence
- trail Picasso at the Musée Picasso in Antibes and Vallauris’ Musée National Picasso ‘La Guerre et la Paix’
- lap up sun-drenched views of the Med, the Alps and billionnaires’ mansions along the Cap d’Antibes coastal path
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Modern Art, Cannes & Around, Biot, Îles de Lérins, Antibes-Juan-les-Pins, The Arrière-Pays, St-Paul de Vence, Vence & Around, Grasse, Mougins, Massif de l’Estérel, Corniche de l’Estérel, St-Raphaël, Fréjus.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.