*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Provence & the Cote d'Azur - Avignon & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Avignon & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Cote d’Azur guidebook.
Encircled by ramparts dating back 800 years, Avignon, with its 14th-century papal palace, lords above the mighty Rhône. Rolling countryside dotted with ancient villages and vineyards surrounds the city and the glass-green River Sorgue connects the picturesque towns nearby.
- explore palaces, bridges and ancient streets in Avignon
- sample France’s great wines in Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- revive Rome at the Théâtre Antique in Orange
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Avignon & Around, Villeneuve-lès-Avignon, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Orange, Vaison-la-Romaine, Dentelles de Montmirail, Mont Ventoux, Carpentras & Around, Pernes-les-Fontaines, L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Fontaine-de-Vaucluse, Pays de Venasque, Les Alpilles, St-Rémy-de-Provence & Around, Nîmes & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.