*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Provence & the Cote d'Azur - Arles & the Camargue (PDF Chapter)
This is the Arles & the Camargue chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Cote d’Azur guidebook.
Forget all about time in this hauntingly beautiful, slow-go part of Provence. Its timeless wetland has a soul of its own, while the main town of the region, diminutive Arles, is a golden-hued show-stopper.
- discover Roman Arles, trail Van Gogh and enjoy some of Provence’s finest restaurants
- watch rose-pink flamingos at the wondrous Parc Ornithologique du Pont de Gau
- spot local flora and fauna from the trails around La Capelière and Salin de Badon
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Arles, Camargue Countryside, Stes-Maries-de-la-Mer.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.