Provence & the Cote d'Azur - Arles & the Camargue (PDF Chapter)
This is the Arles & the Camargue chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Cote d’Azur guidebook.
Forget all about time in this hauntingly beautiful, slow-go part of Provence. Its timeless wetland has a soul of its own, while the main town of the region, diminutive Arles, is a golden-hued show-stopper.
- discover Roman Arles, trail Van Gogh and enjoy some of Provence’s finest restaurants
- watch rose-pink flamingos at the wondrous Parc Ornithologique du Pont de Gau
- spot local flora and fauna from the trails around La Capelière and Salin de Badon
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Arles, Camargue Countryside, Stes-Maries-de-la-Mer.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.