Provence & Southeast France Road Trips - The Camargue Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Camargue chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Southeast France Road Trips guidebook.
Take this semicircular tour from Arles to the coast and back to experience Provence at its most wild, lush and lovely. This trip will plunge you into an utterly unique world of cowboys, fishermen, beachcombers, the Roma and all their enduring traditions.
- watch flamingos swoop over wetlands at the Salin de Badon
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- stroll along miles of windswept beach on the Plage de Piémanson
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- hang out in Provence’s hippest square in Arles
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Arles, Parc Ornithologique de Pont de Gau, Stes-Maries de-la-Mer, Étang de Vaccarès, Salin de Badon, Domaine de la Palissade, Plage de Piémanson, Le Point de Vue, Le Sambuc and France travel guide.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map