Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Provence & Southeast France Road Trips - Roman Provence Trip (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Roman Provence chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Southeast France Road Trips guidebook.
Follow Roman roads, cross Roman bridges and discover that most of Provence’s Roman ruins aren’t ruins at all. Many are well preserved, and some are integrated into the modern city. With Provence’s landscape as a backdrop, history never looked so good!
- explore a beautiful 1st century AD temple that’s still intact
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- be awed by the Pont du Gard, an aqueduct of dizzying scale
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- spot ancient ruins in a bustling city square
- discover even more with tips on kayaking down the Gard River, plus background information on key historical sights
Coverage includes: Nîmes, Pont du Gard, Arles, Glanum, Orange, Vaison-la-Romaine, Uzès and France travel guide.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.