Provence & Southeast France Road Trips - Roman Provence Trip (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Roman Provence chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Southeast France Road Trips guidebook.
Follow Roman roads, cross Roman bridges and discover that most of Provence’s Roman ruins aren’t ruins at all. Many are well preserved, and some are integrated into the modern city. With Provence’s landscape as a backdrop, history never looked so good!
- explore a beautiful 1st century AD temple in Nîmes
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- be awed by the Pont du Gard, an aqueduct of dizzying scale
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- spot ancient ruins in a bustling city square in Arles
- discover even more with tips on kayaking down the Gard River, plus background information on key historical sights
Coverage includes: Nîmes, Pont du Gard, Arles, Glanum, Orange, Vaison-la-Romaine and France travel guide.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.