Provence & Southeast France Road Trips - Modern Art Meander Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Modern Art Meander chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Southeast France Road Trips guidebook.
Provence is where many 20th-century artists found their greatest source of inspiration. Explore the region’s stellar art museums, plus the bays, beaches, fields, hilltop eyries, bars and bustling boulevards where modern art masters lived, worked and partied.
- check out contemporary architecture at Musée Jean Cocteau
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- see an impressive collection of 20th-century art
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- see vibrant stained glass and mosaics at Musée National Marc Chagall
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Menton, Nice, St-Paul de Vence, Musée National Fernand Léger, Antibes & Juan-les-Pins, Vallauris, Le Musée Bonnard, Aix-en-Provence, Arles, St-Rémy de Provence, French Riviera, Vence and France travel guide.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.