Provence & Southeast France Road Trips - Lavender Route Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lavender Route chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Southeast France Road Trips guidebook.
Luberon and Vaucluse may be well-trodden destinations, but they retain their rustic charm. This trip takes you to exquisitely beautiful sights and also gets you exploring back roads, sleepy villages, and fields of glorious purple blooms.
- see the dreamy 12th-century Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque framed by rows of lavender
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- stop off for wonderful sweets and nougat at confectioner André Boyer in Sault
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- breathe in the scent of a re-created medieval herb garden, Prieuré de Salagon
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Coustellet, Gordes, Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque, Sault, Banon, Forcalquier, Prieuré de Salagon, Manosque, Plateau de Valensole and France travel guide.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.