Provence & Southeast France Road Trips - Camargue Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Camargue chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Southeast France Road Trips guidebook.
Take this semicircular tour from Arles to the coast to experience Provence at its most wild, lush and lovely. This trip will plunge you into an utterly unique world of cowboys, fishermen, beachcombers, the Roma and all their enduring traditions.
- watch flamingos swoop over wetlands
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- stroll along miles of windswept beach
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- hang out in Provence’s hippest square
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Arles, Parc Ornithologique de Pont de Gau, Stes-Maries de-la-Mer, Étang de Vaccarès, Salin de Badon, Domaine de la Palissade, Plage de Piémanson, Le Point de Vue, Le Sambuc, Provence, Aix-en-Provence, Camargue, St-Rémy de Provence, Orange, Vaison-la-Romaine, Mont Ventoux & around, The Luberon, Apt, Gordes, Roussillon, St-Saturnin-lès-Apt & around, Pays de Forcalquier, Vallée de la Durance and France travel guide.