Prague & the Czech Republic - Moravia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Moravia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Prague & the Czech Republic guidebook.
The Czech Republic’s easternmost province, Moravia, is yin to Bohemia’s yang; rolling hills and pretty landscapes, captivating architecture, sprawling vineyards. This was the former stomp-ing ground of some of the wealthiest families of the Austro-Hungarian empire, and you can still see the glint of this history.
- appraise the value, aesthetically speaking, of a functionalist masterwork at Vila Tugendhat
- Hike, bike or simply sip your way through the hills and dales of southern Moravian wine country on the Mikulov Wine Trail
- admire the intricacies of the Holy Trinity Column, Central Europe’s most riveting piece of baroque statuary
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Brno, Telč, Třebíč, Mikulov, Valtice-Lednice, Znojmo, Olomouc, Kroměříž, When to Go, Best Places to Sleep.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.