Prague & the Czech Republic - Bohemia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bohemia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Prague & the Czech Republic guidebook.
Beyond Prague’s outer suburbs, the city gives way to the green hinterland of Bohemia; a land of rolling hills, rich farmland and thick forests dotted with castles, chateaux and picturesque towns. Rural and rustic, this western province has for centuries provided an escape for genera-tions of city-dwellers.
- discover Český Krumlov’s fairy-tale castle and medieval townscape
- imbibe the wisdom of the brewer’s art at the fountainhead of the world’s finest beer, the Pilsner Urquell Brewery
- take in the history of the pretty Renaissance town and former Hussite stronghold of Tábor
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kutná Hora, Terezín, České Budějovice, Český Krumlov, Třeboň, Tábor, Plzeň, Karlovy Vary, Mariánské Lázně, When to Go, Best Places to Sleep.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout