Portugal - The Minho (PDF Chapter)
This is the Minho chapter from Lonely Planet’s Portugal guidebook.
The Minho delivers world-class natural beauty with a knowing smile. This is, after all, the birthplace of the Portuguese kingdom, and it would be hard to find better-preserved landmarks than those lit up and on display in the Minho’s gorgeous old cities.
- visit historic monuments in Braga, followed by dinner at a top restaurant
- stroll the atmospheric streets of Viana do Castelo before catching sunset on the beach
- lounge at a cafe in Ponte de Lima overlooking the medieval bridge and lush countryside beyond
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes:Braga, Barcelos, Bom Jesus do Monte, Viana do Castel and Ponte de Lima.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.