Portugal - The Beiras (PDF Chapter)
This is the Beiras chapter from Lonely Planet’s Portugal guidebook.
With few big-name destinations to boast of, the Beiras often slip under the radar. But this wonderfully varied region, traditionally divided into the Beira Litoral, Beira Alta and Beira Baixa, is a fascinating and beautiful part of the country.
- admire the baroque splendours of the hilltop university in Coimbra before losing your heart to fado music
- hike the soaring peaks and forest trails that surround the tranquil mountain town of Manteigas
- Sip fine Dão wine on a pretty plaza in the cobbled centre of Viseu
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Beira Litoral, Figueira da Foz, Praia de Mira, Aveiro, Monsanto and Festivals & Events.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.