*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Portugal - The Beiras (PDF Chapter)
The Beiras offer as much diversity as any region in Portugal. The Beira Litoral lures surfers and sunseekers. Here, the sophisticated university city of Coimbra and the brash casino-party town of Figueira da Foz arm-wrestle for visitors’ attention.
- explore the hilltop labyrinth, home of fado, fabulous views and a marvellous historic university in Coimbra
- hike alongside the glistening Rio Zêzere outside Manteigas, past shepherds’ huts and soaring peaks
- admire the art nouveau facades lining the canals of Aveiro and ride through history aboard a moliceiro (seaweed vessel)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Beira Litoral, Coimbra & Around, Figueira da Foz, Praia de Mira, Aveiro, Piódão, Beira Baixa, Castelo Branco, Monsanto, Idanha-a-Velha, Sortelha, Parque Natural da Serra da Estrela, Seia, Gouveia, Manteigas, Torre, Penhas da Saúde, Covilhã, Beira Alta, Viseu, Guarda, Trancoso and Almeida.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.