Portugal - The Algarve (PDF Chapter)
This is the Algarve chapter from Lonely Planet’s Portugal guidebook.
Soaring cliffs, sea caves, golden beaches and sandy islands draw over four million visitors to the Algarve each year. Surrounded on two sides by the Atlantic, it’s a paradise for surfers, especially along the undeveloped west coast.
- wind your way up the stunning - and secluded - west coast, after peering over the cliffs of Cabo de Sao Vicente, Portugal’s most south westerly point.
- lounge in waters off the untouched sand islands of Parque Natural da Ria Formosa.
- explore the Inner Algarve on foot, by bicycle or in a car, especially the villages of Alte and Salir.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Faro, Estói & Milreu, São Brás De Alportel, Olhão, Tavira, Ilha de Tavira, Vila Real De Santo António, Castro Marim, Alcoutim, Loulé, Serra do Caldeirão, Albufeira, Carvoeiro, Silves, Portimão, Praia da Rocha, Lagos, Salema, Sagres, North of Sagres, Monchique.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.