Portugal - The Alentejo (PDF Chapter)
Go to be bewitched. Portugal’s largest region, covering a third of the country, truly captivates. Think dry, golden plains, rolling hillsides and lime-green vines. A rugged coastline, traditional whitewashed villages, marble towns and majestic medieval cities.
- sample the history, culture and cuisine of the historically rich Unesco World Heritage–listed Évora
- gaze out over the countryside from Marvão, one of the Alentejo’s most enchanting hilltop fortress villages
- admire the view over the sea cliffs along Rota Vicentina, one of Portugal’s most captivating multiday treks
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Alto Alentejo, Évora & Around, Reguengos de Monsaraz, Monsaraz, Estremoz, Vila Viçosa, Elvas, Portalegre, Castelo de Vide, Marvão, Baixo Alentejo, Beja, Mértola, Castro Verde, Serpa, Moura, Coastal Alentejo, Vila Nova de Milfontes, Zambujeira Do Mar and Porto Côvo.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.