Portugal - Porto, the Douro & Tras-os-Montes (PDF Chapter)
It’s the dynamic Rio Douro that brings diversity to the province it has defined, a province with granite bluffs, wine caves, medieval stone houses and steep, terraced vineyards. Romantic Porto, Portugal’s second-largest city, is at its mouth.
- wine-taste your way around the vineyards of the Alto Douro region
- lose yourself amid the alleys of Porto’s Ribeira neighbourhood
- relax beside the Rio Tâmega and its medieval bridge in Amarante
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Porto, Sights, Tours, Porto by Foot Walking Tour, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping Vila do Conde, Amarante, Lamego & Around, Peso da Régua, Alto Douro, Pinhão & Around, Vila Nova de Foz Côa, Trás-os-Montes, Vila Real, Parque Natural do Alvão, Mondim de Basto, Chaves, Bragança, Parque Natural de Montesinho, Miranda do Douro and Parque Natural do Douro Internacional.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.