Portugal - Porto, The Douro & Tras-os-Montes (PDF Chapter)
This is the Porto, the Douro & Trás-os-Montes chapter from Lonely Planet’s Portugal guidebook.
It’s the dynamic Rio Douro that brings diversity to the province it has defined, a province with granite bluffs, wine caves, medieval stone houses and steep, terraced vineyards. Romantic Porto is at its mouth and one of the world’s oldest demarcated wine regions is close to the source.
- wine-taste your way around the picturesque vineyards of the Alto Douro region
- lose yourself amid the medieval alleys of Ribeira - a cinematic Porto neighbourhood
- relax beside the Rio Tâmega and its medieval bridge in charming Amarante
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Porto, Vila do Conde, Amarante, Lamego, Vila Real, Chaves and Festivals & Events.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.