Portugal - Lisbon & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lisbon & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Portugal guidebook.
Spread across steep hillsides that overlook the Rio Tejo, Lisbon has captivated visitors for centuries. Windswept vistas reveal the city in all its beauty: Roman and Moorish ruins, white-domed cathedrals, grand plazas lined with sun-drenched cafes.
- get lost in the narrow village-like lanes of the Alfama district, searching for the soul of fado
- bar-hop your way through the cobblestone streets of Bairro Alto, an area devoted to its nightlife.
- take in the pleasant outdoor cafes and restaurants of elegant Chiado
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lisbon, History, Sights, Activities, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sintra, West of Sintra, Cascais, Estoril, Mafra, Ericeira and Setúbal.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.