Poland - Wielkopolska (PDF Chapter)
This is the Wielkopolska chapter from Lonely Planet’s Poland guidebook.
If you want to experience the essence of Poland’s eventful history, head for Wielkopolska. Poznań is a lively and attractive city with plenty of interesting sights and good restaurants. Beyond, the countryside offers a selection of charming towns and rural scenery.
- explore the culture, restaurants and nightlife in Poznań, Wielkopolska’s lively and attractive capital
- travel back to the Iron Age at the fortified village at Biskupin Archaeological Reserve
- explore the chapels and crypt of the monumental double-towered cathedral of Gniezno
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Poznań, Kórnik, Gniezno, Kalisz, Gołuchów.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.