Poland - Wielkopolska (PDF Chapter)
This is the Wielkopolska chapter from Lonely Planet’s Poland guidebook.
The city of Poznań exudes a lively character and has plenty of sights. Beyond, the Wielkopolska countryside offers a selection of charming towns and rural scenery, castles, steam trains, palaces, churches, nature reserves and a memorable Iron Age settlement.
- learn about Poland’s earliest history on the Poznań island Ostrów Tumski and at the Porta Posnania Interactive Heritage Centre
- encounter meteorite craters at Morasko
- view the intriguing 1920s architecture of central Kalisz
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, History, Poznań & Around, Eastern Wielkopolska, Southeastern Wielkopolska.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.