Poland - Warsaw (PDF Chapter)
This is the Warsaw chapter from Lonely Planet’s Poland guidebook.
Often described as the ‘new Berlin’, Warsaw is punching above its weight, with an excellent restaurant scene and lively bars and clubs. This gritty city has survived the worst history could throw at it, and is busy celebrating the future.
- take in the city skyline from the top of the iconic Palace of Culture & Science
- learn about Poland’s Jewish community, past and present, at the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews
- experience the city’s doomed 1944 uprising at the Warsaw Rising Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities & Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Warsaw.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.