Poland - Warsaw (PDF Chapter)
This is the Warsaw chapter from Lonely Planet’s Poland guidebook.
Warsaw is home to excellent museums which interpret the city’s complex history, from the joys of Chopin’s music to the tragedy of the Jewish ghetto. It’s not all about the past, however. Warsaw’s restaurant and entertainment scene is the best in Poland.
- take in Warsaw and beyond from the Palace of Culture & Science
- listen to first-hand accounts of WWII at Warsaw Rising Museum
- learn about Poland’s long Jewish history at the Museum of the History of Polish Jews
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, History, Warsaw & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.