Poland - Warmia & Masuria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Warmia & Masuria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Poland guide-book.
There’s something in the water in these two northeast regions bordering the Russian enclave of Kaliningrad – mostly hundreds of sailors, windsurfers and kayakers who come to make a splash in the Great Masurian Lakes, which dominate the landscape.
- join the yachting set for a tour of the Great Masurian Lakes
- scramble around the Wolf’s Lair, Hitler’s secret wartime bunker
- do a spot of cobblestone-surfing in Olsztyn’s rapidly improving Old Town
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Olsztyn Region, Olsztyn, Olsztynek, Ostróda, Lidzbark Warmiński, The Great Masurian Lakes, Kętrzyn, Węgorzewo, Giżycko, Mikołajki.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.