Poland - Understand Poland & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This chapter contains the Poland Today, History, Jewish Heritage, The Arts, Landscape & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Poland guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history and the Polish arts scene to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Jewish heritage and culture
- info on the Polish arts scene
- full coverage of nature and wildlife
- details on the Polish way of life
Coverage includes: Poland Today, History: Before the Poles, Slavic Origins & the Plast Dynasty, Poland’s Golden Age, Royal Republic, Poland Under Partition, WWI & the ‘Second Republic’, WWII, Communist Poland, Solidarity & the Collapse of Communism, the Rise & Fall of Lech Wałęsa and the Disaster of Smolensk, Jewish Heritage: Early Days, the Enlightened Kazlmierz, Pogroms & Partition, WWII & the Holocaust, Disillusionment & Emigration and Jewish Revival, The Arts: Literature, Cinema, Music, Painting, Theatre and Folk Arts, Landscape & Wildlife: a Varied Landscape, Water, Water Everywhere, Wildlife and Conservation Areas in Poland, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.