Poland - Silesia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Silesia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Poland guidebook.
Occupying the southwestern part of Poland, Silesia is a diverse collection of historically powerful cities, industrial engine rooms and low-rising, farm-flanked mountains. Wrocław is the main draw, yet smaller cities such as Nysa and Jelenia Góra also offer distinctive sights and activities.
- learn one of the world’s most essential history lessons at the profoundly moving Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial & Museum in Oświęcim
- lose yourself in the medieval streets and rarefied atmosphere of Wrocław, Silesia’s historical capital
- hike between the wooded slopes of Mt Szrenica and Mt Śnieżka in Karkonosze National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Wrocław, Lower Silesia, Książ, Zielona Góra, Świdnica, Sudetes Mountains, Jelenia Góra, Szklarska Poręba, Karpacz, Kłodzko, Kudowa-Zdrój, Bystrzyca Kłodzka, Upper Silesia, Nysa, Opole, Katowice, Pszczyna, Oświęcim.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.