Poland - Mazovia & Podlasie (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mazovia & Podlasie chapter from Lonely Planet’s Poland guidebook.
Amidst a rolling landscape, Mazovia, once a duchy, is dotted with castles, cathedrals and palaces plus a mix of gritty industrial and restored architecture. Aside from a few urban centres, the Podlasie region is a paradise of farmland, forest and lakes.
- marvel at the industrial heritage and movie magic of Łódź
- hark back to a time of romance at Arkadia & Nieborów
- wonder how Płock got hold of so many Art Nouveau treasures
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mazovia & Around, Łódź, Łowicz, Płock, Pułtusk, Southern Podlasie, Białystok, Tykocin, Biebrza National Park, Narew National Park, Kruszyniany, Bohoniki, Białowieża National Park, Augustów-Suwałki Region, Augustów, Suwałki & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.