Poland - Mazovia & Podlasie (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mazovia & Podlasie chapter from Lonely Planet’s Poland guidebook.
The rolling landscape of Mazovia has an eventful history. This region is dotted with castles, cathedrals and palaces, the biggest of which reside in riverside Płock and Pułtusk. Łódź, the provincial capital, is Poland’s the region’s cultural and nightlife centre.
- experience Łódź’s repurposed industrial heritage and nightlife
- learn from Tykocin’s tangible links to Poland’s lost Jewish heritage
- marvel at the art nouveau treasures in Płock’s Mazovian Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mazovia, Łódź, Łowicz, Płock, Southern Podlasie, Białystok, Tykocin, Biebrza National Park, Kruszyniany, Białowieża National Park, Augus-tów-Suwałki Region, Augustów, Suwałki, Wigry National Park, Sejny.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.