Poland - Malopolska (PDF Chapter)
This is the Małopolska chapter from Lonely Planet’s Poland guidebook.
Covering much of the southeast, Małopolska has played an outsized role in Polish history. These days, it’s mostly passed over by travellers who make a beeline for Kraków and then move on. That’s a pity – it’s rich in natural beauty and culture.
- join throngs of Catholic pilgrims visiting the Black Madonna at Częstochowa
- roam the jewel-like town of Zamość, a monument to the Renaissance
- have portraits peer down at you as you wander the Kraków Bishops’ Palace in Kielce
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Kraków−Częstochowa Upland, Ojców National Park, Częstochowa, The Małopolska Upland, Kielce, Świętokrzyski National Park, The Sandomierz Valley, Sandomierz, The Radom Plain, Radom, The Lublin Upland, Lublin, Kazimierz Dolny, Zamość, Zwierzyniec & Roztocze National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.