Poland - Gdansk & Pomerania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gdańsk & Pomerania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Poland guidebook.
Cream-hued beaches shelving smoothly into the nippy Baltic Sea, wind-crafted dunes vivid against leaden skies, stern red-brick churches and castles erected by a medieval order of pious knights, and silenced shipyards that once seethed with anti-communist tumult – this is Pomerania.
- admire the architecture of one of Poland’s grandest thoroughfares, Długi Targ, in the centre of Gdańsk
- boogy on the beach at one of Sopot’s famous nightclubs
- take an emotional journey through time at Gdańsk’s amazing Museum of WWII
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gdańsk, Westerplatte & Nowy Port, Oliwaa, Sopot, Hel Peninsula, Hel, Kashubia, Kartuzy, Lower Vistula, Toruń, Chełmno, Grudziądz, Kwidzyn, Malbork, Elbląg, Frombork, Northern & Western Pomerania, Łeba, Słowiński National Park, Słupsk, Ustka, Darłowo, Kołobrzeg, Świnoujście, Szczecin.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.