Poland - Carpathian Mountains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Carpathian Mountains chapter from Lonely Planet’s Poland guidebook.
When thinking about Poland, mountains are not the first thing to spring to mind, yet the country’s southern border is defined by the beautiful and dramatic Carpathian, a beacon for hikers, cyclists and skiers.
- strike out for the blissfully wooded Bieszczady mountains from Ustrzyki Górne
- trace the 16th-century streets of handsomely preserved Tarnów
- marvel at the floral profusion of Zalipie’s famed painted houses
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tatra Mountains, Zakopane, Carpathian Foothills, Wadowice, Tarnów, Rzeszów, Przemyśl, Bieszczady, Sanok, Lesko, Ustrzyki Dolne, Ustrzyki Górne, Wetlina, Cisna, Beskid Niski, Krosno, Biecz, Beskid Sądecki, Nowy Sącz, Krynica, Muszyna, Pieniny, Szczawnica, Niedzica.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation