Pocket Charleston & Savannah
Lonely Planet Pocket Charleston & Savannah, a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
It's your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire antebellum architecture, sample some of America’s finest food and brush up on your civil-war history at Fort Sumter National Monument – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Charleston & Savannah and begin your journey now!
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out map (included in print version), plus over eight color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
Coverage Includes: Historic District, Forsyth Park, Midtown, Victorian District, East Savannah & the Islands, Southside, Moon River District, Harleston Village, Upper King, Cannonborough, Elliottborough, French Quarter, East Side, NoMo, Hampton Park, Charleston County Sea Islands, and more